The Corporate Liability Travel Card Program is now live and has replaced the previous card program. The card should be used for all business travel and entertainment expenses.
- What Is It?
- No Personal Expenses
- Benefits of the Program
- What To Do with the Old Travel Card?
- Complete Training
- Complete Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Need Assistance?
The Travel card payment process has changed:
- Previous State: Travel card expenses are not paid until the AggieTravel expenses are documented and fully approved.
- Current State: Travel card expenses are automatically paid to the bank, as transactions take place. AggieTravel expense reconciliation will take place after the payment has been made to the bank.
NOTE: The way the Travel card is used has not changed:
- The Travel card is still to be used only for approved and appropriate business travel and business entertainment expenses.
- Timely AggieTravel documentation is still required to document each expense made on the Travel card, in order to avoid any potential tax-reportable income to the traveler.
With the change to expenses being paid automatically, it is imperative that personal expenses NOT be made on the Travel card.
If a personal expense occurs, the cardholder must still reconcile the charge in an AggieTravel Expense Report. Use the Expense Type of "Personal or non reimbursable" and submit the report. You will need to pay back the University directly, as the card provider has already been paid.
To reimburse the University, you will access your UC Davis Banner account where you will see the invoice for the charge appear a few days after your expense report has been approved. To process the reimbursement through Banner:
- Log in with your campus user ID and Kerberos passphrase at https://mybill.ucdavis.edu.
- Agree to the consent form.
- Review your balance and select Make Payment from the main page.
Personal credit card and e-checks are accepted methods of payment.
With the automatic payments, there are several benefits to the university and to the cardholder, including:
- Easier Application Process
- No late fees
- No suspended cards due to late fees
- No connection to personal credit
Once the employee has received the card, they will need to activate the new card using their 8-digit UCPath Employee ID, plus a leading zero (0). The Employee ID can be found by logging in to UCPath, in the top left corner of the employee dashboard.
The employee will also need to confirm receipt of the new card with the Card Program in order to deactivate the old card. The old Travel card will be cancelled after one month to allow those on active travel status an opportunity to get back and receive their new cards.
During the transition period, all charges, regardless of source, will continue to import and be available to reconcile. We expect that the old card and new card charges can be reconciled on the same report if necessary.
Everyone who wishes to participate in the Corporate Liability Travel card program must complete the 30-minute online Travel Card Corporate Liability Training, available in the UC Learning Center. This training only needs to be completed ONCE (no annual re-take requirement).
- The fiscal officer assigned to the default account assigned to the Travel card will also need to complete the Travel Card Corporate Liability Training. The Campus cardholder application will not let the cardholder complete the application until the fiscal officer has completed the training as well.
There are two Travel Card applications: one is for use by all employees, except those identifying a Chart H (Hospital) account. The other application is for Chart H (Hospital) employees. The links are available below. Read these instructions before completing either application.
- Use the Google Chrome or Firefox browser for accessing the application.
- In order to complete the application, you will need the departmental chart/account to be assigned to card expenses, and the first and last name of your department chair/head.
- All applicants should use their business address when applying for the card, regardless of whether they are in their office or not at this time.
- Campus Travel Card applicants will need their Fiscal Officer's User ID in order to complete the application.
- If a cardholder transfers to a new department, they will be required to complete a new application for the new department and to destroy their old card. This will ensure that the cardholder has the necessary approvals from their new department.
Contact the Travel Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.