ConnexUC is a UC systemwide online travel booking portal developed for UC travelers to plan and book their travel.
ConnexUC (formerly “Connexxus”) is a secure web portal with access to UC’s Systemwide Travel Program comprehensive rates and benefits for all those affiliated with UC. The travel team at the UC Office of the President negotiates discounts and rewards with major airlines, hotel properties, car rental companies, rail and travel agencies on behalf of all of UC travelers.
ConnexUC is accessed through the Company Notes section of AggieTravel.
UC Davis Travel card and Preferred Booking Program transactions for travel services booked through agencies found within ConnexUC import directly into AggieTravel for trip expense reporting.
NOTE: The benefits of ConnexUC extend to personal travel reservations, but personal reservations must be done during non-work hours, using a personal credit card.
ConnexUC has UC policies and economical costs built into its portal. The one-stop-shop portal provides the following benefits:
- Rental car rates reduced by up to 15% via prior agreements with Hertz and National.
- No out-of-pocket airfare costs.
- Hotel discounts of 12% to 25% off the best rates otherwise available with Marriott and Starwood.
- Air travel discounts apply to Southwest Airlines, Jet Blue, Virgin, American Airlines and associated international carriers.
- Lower agency fees than traditional travel agencies.
- Weekly billing files, sent directly to Accounting, containing the reservation codes to ensure itinerary expenses match imported expenses in AggieTravel.
- Automated, mandatory, Travel Insurance form when booking airfare through BCD (see below).
- Full service agency assistance for cancelled tickets.
- The AggieTravel trip library maintains documentation on previous trips that were billed to the Preferred Booking Program account, for employee travelers.
Complete the required fields on the ConnexUC profile page, accessible via AggieTravel, in the Company Notes section. If you have loyalty memberships, complete those fields in your profile, and any time travel is booked, loyalty points will accumulate, even with the Preferred Booking Program payment. Loyalty points can be redeemed directly through the airline.
The email address in ConnexUC is your Kerberos user ID@ucdavis.edu and cannot be modified. You can add your campus email address in the AggieTravel Profile Personal Information screen.
The following guides and demonstrations explain how to make reservations.
Do you need a delegate to make travel arrangements on your behalf? You must first add them as a Travel Arranger in the ConnexUC portal.
- Under the AggieTravel Company Notes section, click on the ConnexUC Travel Portal (arranger delegation) link.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Click Add Arranger.
- Search arranger by last name or email.
- Check the Can Book and Can Access boxes.
- Save changes.