The UC Davis Visa Travel Card is a university-sponsored card issued to UC Davis employees who travel or entertain on behalf of the university.
- Separated employees and non-employees are not eligible.
- Applicants should complete the online application. The credit card company does not perform credit checks on employee cardholders. Cards are automatically reissued to cardholders with open accounts in good credit standing every three years.
Ready to Apply? Complete the Travel Card Online Training.
- No annual fees to the individual employee.
- No interest/delinquency fees if payment is received by the end of the next monthly billing cycle.
- Worldwide full value primary auto rental insurance coverage.
- Travel accident insurance for both the traveler and accompanying family members during business travel. Each person is covered for $500,000 for accidental loss of life.
- Lost or stolen baggage coverage and assistance up to $1,250.
- Travel and emergency assistance.
The card program has been in place at UC Davis for over 10 years, and provides convenient access to cash advances and credit for thousands of UC travelers and hosts. It should be used for all travel and entertainment expenses where payment by Visa is allowed, such as airfare, hotel and lodging, car rental, and meals. Once used, the transactions import into AggieTravel, our expense reporting system. By utilizing the card, employees save both time and money for the university, their department approvers, and themselves.
The Travel Card is not considered Corporate Liability. Instead, our agreement with US Bank allows for Contingent Liability. This means that the university is responsible for paying all approved travel and entertainment expenses, while the cardholder is responsible for paying any personal expenses, late fees, and for ensuring the timely submission and accuracy of their travel or entertainment expense reports. While policy does not permit using the card for personal expenses, it can happen by mistake. If personal expenses do occur, the cardholder should flag these expenses as ‘personal’ on their AggieTravel report and remit payment to the bank themselves. The cardholder is ultimately responsible for ensuring that card balance is kept current, as they must pay late fees themselves.
There are a variety of tools available for managing and reconciling your card activity. First, all transactions will import into AggieTravel for assignment to a travel or entertainment report. If in advance of a trip or event, these charges can be paid in AggieTravel. Unassigned activity can be reviewed by departments or cardholders using the Decision Support 418 report. Cardholders are also encouraged to check their balances and activity at US Bank’s website: access.usbank.com.
The card is issued based on UC employment status, not on personal credit history.
Charge activity, account status, and any delinquency information will be obtained by the university and delinquent notices will be sent out by both US Bank and the UC Davis Travel & Entertainment office.
The university will collect specific, meaningful historical data, which will facilitate negotiations.