The Procurement Card can be used for delegated departmental purchases of allowable goods and services from suppliers who accept Visa.
Your first purchasing option should always be AggieBuy, but the Procurement Card is a good option when items are not available in AggieBuy.
Purchases are limited to $4,999.99 per supplier, per day, with a $10,000 daily limit. Typical purchases include:
- Items available on university supply agreements (Note: Procurement Card can only be used up to the $4,999.99 daily limit per supplier, regardless of agreement limit)
- Low-value supply purchases not available on a university supply agreement or at a lower total cost through a UC Davis service (e.g., Repro Graphics, Central Storehouse)
- Published materials - Advertisements and copyrighted materials, including books, educational films, CDs and video tapes
- Memberships (Additional documentation and approvals required)
- Utility Payments
- Office Furniture (up to $500)
- Limited repairs and services, following the procedures listed here.
- There are times when the P-card can be used to pay for conference registration, webinars, and other trainings. More information.
Procurement cards cannot be used for the following:
- Online suppliers that require the cardholder to agree to terms and conditions in order to complete the purchase, except those suppliers whose terms have been approved by Procurement & Contracting Services
- Travel-related expenses
- Entertainment expenses, including food for business meetings
- Items or services for personal use
- Excluded Items (identified on the HOW TO: Buy page)
- Capital Assets
- Cash advances
- Postage or mail services
- Any items requiring the signing of a supplier agreement (e.g., customizable software)
- Non-office furniture
- More information on what can and cannot be purchased on the Procurement Card is in the Policy and Procedure Manual, section 350-22.
- Visit the How To Buy page for a list of all acceptable purchasing options, including AggieBuy, Procurement Card, and the Kuali Financial System (KFS).
- See the Travel section for information on processing travel and entertainment expenses