The Procurement Card (P-Card) is a Visa corporate card program that allows approved departmental cardholders to purchase goods and some limited services. Expenses related to travel or entertainment are not to be charged to the P-Card.
Beginning 6/27/2022, paper statements for Procurement Card transactions will no longer be mailed. Instead, statements will be available to view through the US Bank Access Online portal.
What is the Procurement Card?
- It is a charge or corporate Procurement Card, rather than a credit card.
- Full liability rests with the university for immediate payment to the bank for all transactions.
- It is assigned by the bank to the employee, but is issued in the name of and on the behalf of the university.
- The card program is available to all employees (including ANR and School of Medicine), with the exception of employees purchasing for Hospital (Chart H) accounts/departments.
The Procurement Card should not be confused with the university's U.S. Bank Visa Travel card, which is intended for travel and entertainment expenses.
Benefits of the Procurement Card
The program benefits UC Davis and delegated cardholders by:
- Enabling prompt payment to suppliers
- Eliminating purchase orders and invoices
- Combining order, recording, and payment for goods at the point of sale
The Procurement Card provides designated departmental campus employees with an effective tool to purchase and pay for routine, low dollar-cost products.
The Procurement Card is issued to an individual, not to a department. The card and account number should not be used by anyone other than the person named on the card.
Procurement Card Renewal
Procurement Cards are automatically reissued to all active cardholders prior to the expiration date. You must complete refresher training every 12 months to remain an active cardholder.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com .