The Procurement Card (P-Card) is a Visa corporate card for approved departmental cardholders to purchase goods and some services.
The P-Card is not used for expenses related to travel or entertainment.
Artificially splitting a purchase to bypass/avoid the Procurement Card limit is prohibited per university policy.
What is the Procurement Card?
- It is a charge or corporate Procurement Card, rather than a credit card.
- Full liability rests with the university for immediate payment to the bank for all transactions.
- It is assigned by the bank to the employee, but is issued in the name of and on the behalf of the university.
- The card program is available to all employees (including ANR and School of Medicine), with the exception of most employees purchasing for Hospital (Chart H) accounts/departments.
The Procurement Card should not be confused with the university's Travel card, which is intended for travel and entertainment expenses.
Benefits of the Procurement Card
The program benefits UC Davis and delegated cardholders by:
- Enabling prompt payment to suppliers
- Eliminating purchase orders and invoices
- Combining order, recording, and payment for goods at the point of sale
- Mitigates confusion when credit memos are involved
The Procurement Card provides designated departmental campus employees with an effective tool to purchase and pay for routine, low dollar-cost products.
The Procurement Card is issued to an individual, not to a department. The card and account number should not be used by anyone other than the person named on the card.
Procurement Card Renewal
Procurement Cards are automatically reissued to all active cardholders prior to the expiration date. You must complete refresher training every 12 months to remain an active cardholder.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.