The Procurement Card (P-Card) is a Visa corporate card program through U.S. Bank that is administered by the Banking Card Services team.
Though it resembles and works like a personal credit card, there are significant differences:
- It is a charge or corporate procurement card rather than a credit card
- Full liability rests with the university for immediate payment to the bank for all transactions
- It is assigned by the bank to the employee but is issued in the name of and on the behalf of the university
The Procurement Card should not be confused with the university's U.S. Bank Visa Corporate Card, which is intended for travel and entertainment expenses.
The program benefits UC Davis and delegated departmental buyers by:
- Enabling prompt payment to suppliers
- Eliminating purchase orders and invoices
- Combining order, recording and payment for goods at the point of sale
The Procurement Card provides campus employees who are delegated as departmental buyers with an effective tool to purchase and pay for routine, low dollar-cost products.
The Procurement Card is issued to an individual, not to a department. The card and account number should not be used by anyone other than the person named on the card. Visit the Using the Card page for specific usage guidelines.
Procurement Cards are automatically reissued to all active cardholders prior to the expiration date. You must complete refresher training every 12 months to remain an active cardholder.