- Travel expenses, along with all necessary backup documentation, must be submitted to Accounts Payable within 45 days of the completion of the trip.
- Exceptions to 45 day rule:
- Recurrent local travel may be submitted monthly
- Trips exceeding 90 days may be submitted quarterly
- Vendor accepts credit cards: Use the AggieTravel system for all travel and entertainment expenses. Typically, payments to a vendor are paid using the Travel card.
- Vendor does not accept credit cards: Payment is submitted using a KFS Disbursement Voucher (DV) with payment reason code Travel Expense Voucher (TEV) or Entertainment Expense Voucher (EEV). Attach the corresponding PDF TEV or EEV to the DV document.
- All forms are available on the Travel & Entertainment Forms page.
|Preparing / Submitting Reports
- Employees: UC Davis employees can prepare and submit their own AggieTravel reports or they may assign a delegate who can prepare reports on their behalf.
- Non-employees: AggieTravel reports for non-employees must be prepared and submitted by a delegate and must include a completed Non-Employee Certification form.
- Report Type: Choose the correct Event/Trip Type as this determines the required fields and business rules. Visit Expense Reports for more information.
|Lodging & Meals
- When requesting reimbursement for lodging and meals (M&IE) incurred outside of the continental United States, you may request reimbursement for the actual costs of the lodging or meals, up to the published maximum allowances.
- Receipts are not required when claiming lodging or meals outside the continental United States, however you should include a copy of the published maximum allowances, by location, with the report attachments.
When indicating the Reimbursement Method, consider the following:
- Direct Deposit/Paper Check: The employee must have previously enrolled in Direct Deposit for reimbursements (in addition to payroll direct deposit). Otherwise the employee will receive a paper check at their address that appears in KFS.
- Mail to Department: The check will be mailed to the recipient’s home department code. This applies to both employees and non-employees.
- Mail to Address in Profile: The AggieTravel profile Expense Information screen must be complete.
- Bank Draft/Wire Transfer: More information is available here.