Occasionally, foreign travel may require the alternate payment method of wire transfers.
A Wire Transfer is an electronic transfer of funds from a UC Davis bank account to the bank account of the supplier. Funds being wired can be U.S. Dollars or foreign currency to either a U.S. or Foreign Bank. Nothing is mailed from AP. The appropriate Payment Method must be selected, and the Wire Transfer section completed on the Kuali Financial System (KFS) Payment Request or Disbursement Voucher document.
The following information is required:
- Complete name of the bank (i.e. BANK OF AMERICA not BOFA)
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications (SWIFT) address or American Bankers Association (ABA) Number
- Bank State (for U.S. Bank)
- Bank Country
- Bank Account Number
- Name of person assigned to bank account
- Type of currency, if other than U.S. Dollars
Note: For security purposes, the Wire Transfer information entered on the Payment Request or Disbursement Voucher document will not be visible to other approvers or viewers of that document. The staff in Accounts Payable (AP) who process the Wire Transfer WILL be able to view and process the information.