Travel Insurance

All university travelers have insurance coverage worldwide, 24 hours a day, for a wide variety of accidents and incidents while on official travel status.

The coverage includes accidental death, accidental dismemberment, paralysis, and permanent total disability. The coverage also includes travel assistance services when the traveler is more than 100 miles from home/headquarters. These services include:

  • Security extraction (not subject to mileage limitation)
  • Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
  • Repatriation of remains
  • Out-of-country medical
  • Loss of personal effects (only for employees traveling outside of the U.S.)
  • Other travel assistance services

All university employees are provided with workers' compensation coverage for a work-related injury or illness that occurs during a University-approved and funded business trip.

Registration for Travel Outside of California

Travelers must register all out-of-state and foreign country business trips to ensure coverage. Booking travel through AggieExpense automatically enrolls the traveler in the insurance program for travel outside of California.

If travel is not booked using AggieExpense, the Traveler Insurance form must be completed to ensure coverage. Trip registration must occur before the start of the trip. 

Risk Management Services - Travel Alerts & Warnings

Subscribe to the Risk Management Services listserve to receive timely travel alerts and warnings, travel insurance evacuation orders, security benefit updates, and more!

Go to and click on Subscribe.