Airfare Changes or Cancellations

If you receive an airline credit, keep track of it with the Request feature in AggieExpense. 

  1. Create an AggieExpense Request
  2. On the Request header, enter the information from the previous, canceled or changed, trip
  3. Enter the airline credit amount on the Expense tab
    1. Select +New Expense
    2. Click on Airfare
    3. Enter the ticket information into the Description field and the amount of the airline credit in the Transaction Amount
    4. Click Save
    5. Attach a copy of all corresponding backup (ticket/credit/correspondence/etc.) to the Request
    6. Submit Request
  4. When a new trip is booked and the credit is used, attach the approved request to the new travel report

By completing the AggieExpense Request, departments have a traceable record of the airline credit to ensure the credit is used before it expires.

Change or Cancel Travel Plans

  • If you need to cancel your trip, you must do it in accordance with the terms and conditions of your airline ticket.
  • If you need to change or cancel your flight and you booked through AggieExpense (BCD Travel) or another ConnexUC agency, call your ConnexUC booking agent for assistance.
  • Agency transaction fees and airline booking fees are different and both may apply when making any changes or cancellations.

Flights Canceled by the Airline

If the airline is unable to place you on an alternate flight, call the travel agency used to book the original flight to assist with rebooking or making other arrangements.

Voluntary Early or Delayed Return

If you need to change your itinerary during your trip, you will likely be charged additional costs (i.e., penalty fee, fare increase). These additional costs may be reimbursed if you have a business reason for taking this action. However, if you took the action for personal reasons, you should not expect the university to pay the higher cost.