The Automatic Purchase Order (APO) limit is the amount by which a KFS Requisition can be processed and approved without the requirement of Procurement & Contracting Services review and approval.
The APO limit has been $4,999.99, but will be increasing to $9,999.99, effective date TBA. This change is to allow for increased efficiencies for lower dollar amount orders and to allow time for more analysis and negotiations for higher-dollar amount transactions by the Procurement & Contracting Services team.
Impacts of the change:
- KFS Requisitions under $10,000 will no longer route to Procurement & Contracting Services unless a restricted commodity code (such as for a service) is used.
- The Capital Asset threshold of $5,000 will NOT be changing at this time. KFS Requisitions for capital assets between $5,000 and $9,999.99 will continue to route to Equipment Management for review/approval but will no longer require approval by Procurement & Contracting Services (unless a restricted commodity is included on the KFS Requisition)
- New Purchase Agreements set up in KFS will reflect a default APO limit of $9,999.99.
- Procurement Card: The current default purchasing limit on the P-card is $4,999.99. For select cardholders with a justified need and good history of compliance, their limits can be increased to $9,999.99. Cardholders can request an increase by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Capital asset purchases are NOT allowed on the P-card, regardless of limits. Capital asset purchases should continue to be made in AggieBuy or in KFS.
- AggieBuy: This change will not impact your AggieBuy ordering. There is no dollar limit for AggieBuy orders, regardless of whether supplies and capital assets (or both) are included on an order. Since AggieBuy catalogs have already been pre-negotiated, routing to Procurement & Contracting Services review/approval only occurs for high-dollar orders ($50,000 and above).
We hope this change will expedite and improve your purchasing processes. Questions should be directed to the Procurement Help Desk at email@example.com