The list below contains goods and services where approval from Procurement & Contracting Services is required before a Purchase Order can be issued to a supplier.
The purchases below require the creation of a KFS Requisition that will automatically route to Procurement & Contracting Services for approval. Some of these items can be purchased in AggieBuy.
In addition to the items and services listed below, KFS Requisitions above $10K route to Procurement & Contracting Services, unless an agreement with a higher Automatic Purchase Order (APO) limit is cited, or published materials are the only item(s) on the Requisition.
- Animals; laboratory or others
- Building Repairs, Products, Services, or Modifications
- Capital Assets (Inventorial equipment), unless ordered in AggieBuy
- Catering and food-related agreements, unless using campus catering Olive & Vine
- Charters: air, land or sea
- Computer software that requires license agreements to be signed (does not include registration cards)
- Consultant Services or Independent Contractors
- Electrical supplies and equipment restricted per P&P 290-85
- Employee as Supplier Transactions
- Equipment Maintenance Contracts
- Equipment Rentals 31 days or longer
- Food Equipment, unless ordered in AggieBuy
- Furniture, unless ordered in AggieBuy or through the campus Furniture Program
- On-site labor-related services of any kind
- Personnel Type services
- Precious Metals
- Real property rentals of facilities, storage space, etc.
- Repairs of equipment or supplies
- Respiratory Protection Items, unless ordered in AggieBuy
- Services that can be performed by university employees or departments (Covered Services)
- Specially controlled items, such as ethyl alcohol (unless purchased from the Central Storehouse), narcotics or dangerous drugs, Radioactive Nickel Foils and Sealed Sources
- Weapons (guns, rifles, etc.)
- All products requiring special conditions routing in KFS (i.e. to Safety Services, Facilities, etc.), unless ordered in AggieBuy