Strategic Sourcing is a UC systemwide collaborative effort to drive value and increase customer satisfaction by enhancing product quality and service levels, while leveraging the UC buying power to significantly lower total costs.
The combined strength realized by the joint purchasing power of all the UC campuses, medical centers, and labs deliver substantial pricing discounts from regional and national suppliers of commonly used commodities. For more information, please view our Strategic Sourcing Plan (PDF).
What We Do
The Strategic Sourcing team provides the following services for the UC Davis campus:
- Local Area Strategic Sourcing
- E-Procurement (AggieBuy/UCD Buy) Agreement Coordination
- UC Davis Small Business Program Coordination
- UC Strategic Sourcing Coordination
Our Six-Step Methodology
- Define Business Requirements
- Sourcing Project Team Formation
- Sourcing Project Data Gathering & Analysis
- Source Plan Development & Approval
- Contract Management & Execution
- Supplier Relationship Management
Where Are Strategic Sourcing Agreements Located?
- KFS (use the Purchase Agreement Lookup)
- University of California Agreement Access Information
- Zoom (video conferencing)
- DS Services and Nestle Water
- Dell Computer Bulk Purchasing Program
- Software Agreements & Purchasing
Ultimately, Strategic Sourcing is all of us!
- Campus Buyers
- Department Support
- Procurement & Contracting Services Buyers
- eCommerce (AggieBuy) Team
- Strategic Sourcing Team
- UC Center of Excellence