Skip to main content
Group Leader Designation
- Group Leader status is approved at the department head level.
- A Group Leader is in charge of a group of travelers, with the authority to pay another person's travel expenses.
- Examples of Group Travel include student field trips, athletic team events, and study abroad trips.
- Group Leader Authorization is not simply for the convenience of submitting one travel voucher for multiple travelers. Several co-workers (non-students) traveling to the same location is not group travel, as employees are typically expected to pay their own travel expenses.
- The only documentation needed as evidence of this authorization is the grantor's approval of the expense report; that approval can stay on file in the department.
- The Group Leader should arrange for all airfare and lodging for the group, utilizing Connexxus partners such as Anthony and STA Travel.
- Other expenses, such as meals or ground transportation, can be paid by individual participants or paid by the Group Leader.
- Group trips must include the full names of all participants.
- Group Leaders should utilize a Travel card to pay group expenses whenever possible.
- Special expense types can be used for record Group Travel expenses in AggieTravel.