There are several training options available for learning more about Purchasing and Procurement at UC Davis.
Online training options posted in the UC Learning Center (listed in order of suggestion completion):
- Purchasing 101 (eCourse): Overview of university purchasing policies and procedures, pre-purchasing considerations, and the various purchasing methods at UC Davis, including AggieBuy, Procurement Card, Travel Card, and the Kuali Financial System, and when to use each option.
- AggieBuy 101 (eCourse): Overview of AggieBuy, including an overview on AggieBuy roles, types of catalogs available, routing and workflow, user profile settings, document searches, and best practices.
- AggieBuy Approvers Training (eCourse): Overview of Approval Functions for AggieBuy Approvers; including approving, rejecting, returning, and editing. Course intended for anyone who is responsible for reviewing/approving AggieBuy transactions.
- AggieBuy Post-Ordering Forum (PDF of August 2018 Forum): Overview of what happens after a Requisition is approved in AggieBuy, also includes instructions on using the Receiving functionality in AggieBuy and how to manage Open Orders (unfilled or partially filled orders).
- KFS Purchasing Online Training (eCourse): Interactive online overview of the KFS Purchasing module, including the Requisition, Purchase Order, Purchase Agreement, and Vendor processes. Applicable UC Davis Purchasing policy and procedure will also be discussed. This course is approximately 36 minutes in length. This class is required before access is granted to the purchasing documents in KFS.
- KFS Purchasing Hands-On Practice (in-person): Due to the current pandemic, this class is not currently offered. An opportunity for users to get hands-on practice with the documents introduced in the online purchasing training. Participants are encouraged to bring specific questions they may have and examples they would like to walk through.
Other Training Opportunities
- AggieBuy Department Administrator Information Session: Recorded Feb 2017 (eCourse): Updates on the AggieBuy Roles Application, best practices for Shipping Addresses and Customer Profiles for Window Shoppers, how to create and use Shared Favorites Folders and Shared Cart User Groups.
- Amendments to Purchase Orders and Purchase Agreements: This PDF of a previous training provides an overview of when an Amendment needs to be processed as well as when it does not. Information is included on what can be done when an Amendment does not need to be processed.
- KFS 101 and Accounts Payable: There are also online classes available in the UC Learning Center for learning more about KFS (KFS 101) and Accounts Payable. Learn more on the KFS Training Page!
- KFS Procurement Card Document Online Training (eCourse): Overview of the KFS Procurement Card document and how it is used to distribute expenses to other accounts, object codes. Also, discussion of the Procurement Cardholder document and how it is used to change the default information (account number, etc.) assigned to a specific Procurement Card.