The University of California utilizes Zoom as the UC system-wide online conferencing tool.
This contract fulfills the UC’s current and future communication needs at a substantial cost saving and aligns the UC system on a single tool. Questions regarding the agreement should be sent to the UC Davis Strategic Sourcing Team at email@example.com
- Zoom provides video, web, and audio conferencing (both device-based and phone) capabilities.
- The ability to create instant meetings, record and download conference sessions
- Schedule Zoom meetings through Outlook 365
- Share your screen with others
- Annotate notes in real-time
- Send chat messages privately and to the entire online group.
- Zoom allows for a lot of functionality as each license includes web-based audio and video conferencing for up to 50 attendees at once.
- Zoom can be widely used by campus faculty and staff for meetings, collaboration with colleagues, and online office hours.
Cost and Licensing
Zoom Departmental Account:
Zoom carries an annual fee of $9.99 per license with a Departmental Account, which is approximately equivalent to the cost of a single, 1 hour ReadyTalk meeting with 10 participants calling-in using the toll free number that is paid for by the hosting departments ($0.017X 60 minutes X 10 participants = $10.20) However, this assumes that all Zoom participants call in over the Internet or using one of the toll numbers provided by the host.
Zoom Single License Account:
Zoom’s Single Pro License (not associated with a Departmental Account) carries an annual fee of $149.90 and is the equivalent of 15 – 1hr ReadyTalk meetings with 10 participants calling-in using the toll free number that is paid for by the hosting departments ($0.017X 60 minutes X 10 participants X 15 meetings = $153.00). This also assumes that all Zoom participants call in over the Internet or using one of the toll numbers provided by the host.
Additional Charges (and How to Mitigate them):
If you elect to utilize Zoom’s toll-free number for conference call attendees, there will be an additional charge of $.025/min incurred by the license holder. With ReadyTalk, the license holder paid the toll and toll-free cost for all participants.
With Zoom, web-based audio conferencing (using your computer to connect) is supported at no charge over the Internet for all users. Joining by phone is free for the meeting host but attendees will incur toll charges for those who choose to connect by phone depending upon individual data plans. The Office of Information and Educational Technology encourages all users to connect by computer.
How to Order a Departmental Zoom Account
- A Zoom Pro License costs $9.99/user per year and must be associated with a Departmental Account. A Departmental Account consists of a minimum of 20 licenses” which is 95% discount from list. This is a toll option (unlimited toll min and computer audio). The US toll free option is an additional charge (.025/min).
- If your department does not wish to buy the minimum 20 licenses that make up a Departmental Account the cost for a “Single Pro License” will be $149.90 annually.
- Follow departmental procedure for ordering software or a product, citing Agreement A28676 on your KFS Requisition document.
- Contact the Zoom Account Manager, Michele Fairbank (Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-248-7282) with answers to the questions below. This will expedite your quote request.
- Account Name? Example: UC Davis - "xxxx" (dept. name)
- Main Account Contact (name, title, email, phone, address)?
- The main account contact will manage the account, users, etc. - only 1 per account (multiple admins can also be assigned/acct.)
- Billing Contact (name, title, email, phone, address)?
- Preferred Payment Method (credit card, check, PO)
- Enable US Toll Free at $.025/min. (billed monthly)? Yes or No.
- Any additional Zoom services needed?
- Additional Cloud Storage?
|Education (Pro) License - Departmental Account (min 20 licenses)||Standard Meeting Product, 50 attendees/mtg.||$9.99|
|Single Pro License||Standard Meeting Product, 50 attendees/mtg.||$149.90|
|Cloud Room Connector License||Room Connector Port for any H.323/SIP conference room system/end point||$249.50|
|Zoom Room License||Software Based Conference Room System||$249.50|
|Webinar 100 License||Webinar “Add On” for up to 100 attendees/web||$200.00|
|Webinar 500 License||Webinar “Add On” for up to 500 attendees/web||$700.00|
|Large Meeting 100 License||Meeting “Add On” for up to 100 attendees/mtg.||$200.00|
|Cloud Recording Storage||Included recording cloud storage/archiving for each individual master account with Education (Pro) Licenses||$0.00|
|US Toll-Free Audio-Conferencing||US Toll-Free Audio-Conferencing (for Zoom meetings and PSTN dial-in calls)||$0.025
Zoom Help Resources
Zoom Help Center is available 24/7 by either calling (888) 799-9666 or clicking on the Support link on top of the main page. The Zoom Help Center, allows users to access Tutorials & Training, Frequently Asked Questions and to Submit a Support Request. Users can also chat directly with a technician while using Zoom by clicking on the Help button.