As a public entity, UC Davis has a duty to spend funds responsibly.
The purchase of goods and services at UC Davis is subject to audit by many governing bodies. It is imperative that all employees who purchase goods or services on behalf of the university are familiar with the laws, policies and programs, including the following:
- Code of Federal Regulations: The university must abide by certain requirements when making purchases with federally funded grants and contracts. View the UCOP Contracts and Grants Handbook.
- Public Contract Code: The university has a duty to solicit bids for certain contracts.
UCOP Purchases of Goods and Services Policy (PDF)
- Small Business First: The University of California is committed to supporting the small and diverse business community.
- Covered Services: Work that can be completed by university employees or units is not to contracted to outside suppliers.
- Fair Wage / Fair Work: Most contractors and their subcontractors must pay their employees a wage that meets or exceeds UC’s minimum wage of $15 per hour. More information is on our Buying Services page.
- Prevailing Wage and The Department of Industrial Relations: All private construction contractors must follow public works law and pay their employees prevailing wages when working on a UC Davis project. More information is on our Buying Services page.