AggieTravel has partnered with BCD Travel Agency to offer UC pricing and protections when you make your reservations through AggieTravel.
To make Reservations
- Enter your departure airport, arrival airport, and trip dates into the Trip Search.
- The system will find flights for you to choose from.
- Select and reserve your the flight using either the campus Preferred Booking Program direct billing payment method, or by entering your Travel Card number.
- You may choose to add a car rental reservation and/or hotel reservation at the same time.
Please remember, car rental and hotel reservations are not pre-paid through AggieTravel. You can make reservations through AggieTravel, but you'll need to pay the vendor directly using your Travel Card or a personal credit card and seek reimbursement after the trip concludes.
Buyer Beware of Basic Economy
BASIC ECONOMY, HIGHLY RESTRICTIVE AIRFARE
United, American and Delta have versions of a no-frills, highly restrictive airfare they call “Basic Economy.” These fares are meant to compete directly with discount airlines such as Spirit Air and Allegiant, but come with some serious restrictions that may not be for everyone. The average savings on Basic Economy are usually just under $20 and since these fares are now available in all domestic U.S. markets, travelers should consider the restrictions carefully before booking anything. Some Basic Economy restrictions include:
- NO option to pick a seat, even for a fee – seats will be assigned at check-in;
- NO boarding priority, regardless of airline status or UC perks – “Basic Economy” travelers board last;
- NO carry-on bags allowed AND a possible fee of $25 if bag is too big to fit under the seat;
- NO flexibility to change or cancel the flight
In order to protect UCs travelers, ConnexUC agencies have blocked the sale of United-N Class, American-B Class and Delta-E Class from the online booking tools. If you wish to purchase these specific class of tickets, please contact the travel agency and a full-service agent will assist you.