AggieExpense has partnered with BCD Travel Agency to offer UC pricing and protections when you make your reservations through AggieExpense.
Why book with AggieExpense
- Automatically enrolls the traveler in traveler insurance (required for international travel), and also provides automated trip notification services.
- Allows for direct billing for purchased airfare.
- UC policies regarding the appropriate types of allowable flights and car rentals are automatically integrated and enforced.
- Reservations can be made easily and quickly, and no fees are assessed for travel reservations cancelled within 24 hours.
To make Reservations
- Prior to booking, please ensure you have at least 1 phone # listed in your AggieExpense profile. If you don't, you will receive an error message when finalizing the booking.
- Enter your departure airport, arrival airport, and trip dates into the Trip Search.
- The system will find flights for you to choose from.
- Select and reserve the flight using either the campus Preferred Booking Program direct billing payment method, or by entering your Travel Card number.
- You may choose to add a car rental reservation and/or hotel reservation at the same time.
Please remember, car rental and hotel reservations are not pre-paid through AggieExpense. You can make reservations through AggieExpense, but you'll need to pay the supplier directly using your Travel Card.
Buyer Beware of Basic Economy
BASIC ECONOMY, HIGHLY RESTRICTIVE AIRFARE
United, American and Delta have versions of a no-frills, highly restrictive airfare they call “Basic Economy.” These fares are meant to compete directly with discount airlines such as Spirit Air and Allegiant, but come with some serious restrictions that may not be for everyone. The average savings on Basic Economy are usually just under $20 and since these fares are now available in all domestic U.S. markets, travelers should consider the restrictions carefully before booking anything. Some Basic Economy restrictions include:
- NO option to pick a seat, even for a fee – seats will be assigned at check-in;
- NO boarding priority, regardless of airline status or UC perks – “Basic Economy” travelers board last;
- NO carry-on bags allowed AND a possible fee of $25 if bag is too big to fit under the seat;
- NO flexibility to change or cancel the flight
In order to protect UCs travelers, ConnexUC agencies have blocked the sale of United-N Class, American-B Class and Delta-E Class from the online booking tools. If you wish to purchase these specific class of tickets, please contact the travel agency and a full-service agent will assist you.
BCD Travel Service Fees
|Service Fees Collected at POS||Unit of Measure||Rate|
|Traditional Agent Assisted (air/rail)||per transaction||$34.00|
|Online Transaction||per transaction||$9.75|
|Online Booking - Southwest||per transaction||$11.50|
|Group Travel Booking||per traveler||$44.00|
|Agent Assisted Upcharge (air/rail)||per transaction||$13.00|
|Emergency After Hours||per call||$25.00|
|Non-Emergency After Hours||per call||$40.00|