Microscope Services is one of the AggieSupply stores, supporting the academic mission of UC Davis and UC Davis Health by maintaining an inventory of commonly used teaching microscopes.
We provide these microscopes to departments on an "as needed basis" to:
- minimize the university’s investment in teaching microscopes
- accrue adequate reserves for replacement at the end of their useful life span
- customize microscope systems and accessories
In addition, Microscope Services cleans and repairs departmental and clinical microscopes, provides training and instructional assistance, and fabricates microscope systems.
We understand and support the university’s mission and take pride in helping researchers, doctors and scholars achieve their goals. Our team has over 15 years of experience servicing and repairing light microscopes, including complex, specialized systems. We provide expert repair and annual maintenance to microscopes located on campus and at the UC Davis Medical Center. We are local and able to respond to urgent requests.
- Microscope and accessory rentals for teaching and research.
- Preventive maintenance stickers, so you know at a glance when each microscope needs to be serviced again.
- Microscope cleaning, repair and maintenance.
- Free consultations to identify your specific microscope needs.
- Instructional demonstrations in our workshop or in your lab.
- Microscope transportation and set-up for lab moves.
- Fabrication of custom scientific apparatus and optical components using our in-house machine shop, including digital camera couplers, manufactured to fit your microscope.
- Assembly and alignment of new systems.
- In-house machine shop used to fabricate customized microscope accessories.
Contact us if you have questions about our services or to get an estimate for your job.