We encourage you to use the Compressed Gas Cylinder Program!
- We track your cylinders by serial number, reducing the chance of loss
- No invoice to pay
- Easy Online Ordering
- Delivery within 1-2 calendar days
Compressed gas cylinders are available for purchase via the Central Storehouse catalog in AggieBuy. If the desired gas type is not available, please make a request via Special Order "Gases" and we will process your order.
Demurrage (daily cylinder rental fee), of $.22/calendar day, begins the date of delivery and ends the date the cylinder is returned to Storehouse. Rent is charged monthly. Any account changes to existing cylinder rental must be requested by 5 p.m. on the day before the last day of the month.
To return a compressed gas cylinder please follow the new online return procedure outlined below:
- Log in to the Cylinder Return Request Form, using your campus login and Kerberos password.
- The form has up to seven cylinder return sets. Indicate the type of cylinder(s), the number of cylinders for that type, and the serial numbers. There is also a description field for "Customer Owned" or "Buy Out" returns.
- Once all cylinder information is entered, scroll down to the bottom of the screen where you can enter any additional comments.
- When your form is complete, click "Submit Request."
- You will be taken to a confirmation page, with details of your request. You will also receive an email confirmation of your request, for your own records.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation when the return has been recorded.
An online lookup is provided, so you can review your previous requests and their status. Clicking on the request number for any of your requests will take you to the details.