Premium Items: Available for department sale only for the first seven days.
All other items: Most items will be immediately available for public sale upon arrival at Aggie Surplus.
Sale Offers: Can be made at any time by a department or the public.
All items are sold “as is, where is”.
If more than one customer is interested in purchasing the same item on the day that it becomes available for public sale, the item will be placed up for sealed bid and will be sold to the highest bidder. In order to participate in the sealed bid process customers must be present when Aggie Surplus opens at 9 a.m.
Aggie Surplus reserves the right to accept or reject bids on each item separately, or as a whole, and to waive any bid irregularities.
All sales are final.
Forms of payment:
- Credit cards (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover®)
- Personal/company check up to $100
- Cashier's check (made payable to UC Regents)
- Money order (made payable to UC Regents)
- Traveler's check
- Phone sales are allowed only during our business hours (9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.), contingent upon the availability of Aggie Surplus staff. Note: in-person sales take priority over accepted phone offers.
- If a credit card payment is made over the phone, the purchaser will be required to show valid ID at time of pick-up.
- Aggie Surplus does not ship items.
- Items must be removed at the time of purchase unless other arrangements are made. Items will not be held for more than 24 hours following a sale. Items not retrieved within 24 hours are subject to cancellation or service charges.
Bids and Offers
- Offers for premium items can be made after seven days. For all other items, offers can be made at any time. Offers can be made in person, over the phone, and via email and must be paid for at the time of acceptance. If payment is not made at the time of acceptance, Aggie Surplus reserves the right to accept other offers.
- If more than one customer is interested in purchasing the same item on the day that it becomes available for public sale, the item will immediately be placed up for sealed bid and will be sold to the highest bidder. In order to participate in the sealed bid process customers must be present when Aggie Surplus opens at 9 a.m.
- At Aggie Surplus discretion, some items are placed up for sealed bid. In these instances, bid packets need to be delivered to Aggie Surplus by the specified date. Winning bidders are notified by Aggie Surplus, and must pick-up the item within a specified time. Failure to do so will result in the item being sold to the next highest bidder.
- Aggie Surplus service fee tiered rate. The percentage listed is Aggie Surplus’ fee with the remaining amount credited to the selling department.
- Oversized items, or those weighing 250 pounds or more, are generally left in the selling department. Pictures of these items are usually displayed in Aggie Surplus and on the website. Potential buyers will be referred to the selling department's contact person to arrange viewing of the item.
- Selling departments are to direct potential buyers to Aggie Surplus for all issues related to a potential sale. Selling departments may provide technical information about the item to a potential buyer, but they should not negotiate a sale. This avoids the appearance of a conflict of interest and ensures that multiple offers are handled appropriately.
- Unsold items "abandoned" by selling departments (i.e., no response within 14 calendar days of a disposition letter or Aggie Surplus inquiry) will be sold for any reasonable offer, or recycled. Any expenses incurred will be recharged to the department.
Salvage Terms (unmarketable items)
Even when an item is not marketable, Aggie Surplus can handle disposal for your department.
- Aggie Surplus coordinates with Special Services to pick-up unmarketable items at a rate of $15.75 per quarter hour (per person). See the Storage and Pick-up Tips for ways to keep your disposal costs down.
- Departments who want to drop off their own salvage items can do so by initiating a Service Request and noting that you would like to drop off your items. Departments may still incur a service fee depending on the size of delivery and time spent handling product and completing associated paperwork (i.e. Asset Retirement Documents).