There are several things to consider when preparing campus mailings:
- Mail should be bundled and the addresses should face the same direction. Whenever possible, utilize reusable campus envelopes. To facilitate requests from departments for used campus envelopes, please bundle together any surplus you may have and forward to either UC Davis Mail Services or UC Davis Health Mail Services.
- Addressed single sheet items must be folded in half with the address on the outside.
- During adverse weather any large mailing that requires sealing should be put into a waterproof container.
- Boxes and packages should be prepared according to U.S. Postal Service standards.
- Mail for residence halls or for student organizations should be grouped together. Campus mail can be used for residents in all campus housing units except Orchard Park, Russell Park, Solano Park and Primero Grove. Mail for residents of the "Parks" must be sent via the U.S. Postal Service or another carrier. Campus mail can be sent to the business offices of Orchard Park and Solano Park (excluding residents).
General distributions are items such as memos and flyers that must be delivered to all departments on campus and/or UC Davis Health, but do not need to be individually addressed. The department sending the flyer must be identified on each flyer and the content must be official university business. This delivery method minimizes preparation by your department and allows Mail Services to deliver your material quickly. Items such as posters and single sheet flyers that exceed 11 1/ 2" X 15" must be folded in half. Up to two copies of loose sheets can be distributed to each department. Distributions of over two copies per department must be stapled together.
Please call Bulk Mail Services at 530-752-8806 to find the exact number of items needed for your general distribution.
Mail to Other UC Campuses
Intercampus mail is available to the Berkeley campus and the Office of the President in Oakland. Mail to these locations should be addressed by department name with a complete return address and clearly labeled "INTERCAMPUS BUS."
Mail to the other UC campuses (Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz), Bodega Bay, Vet Med Teaching and Research Center in Tulare, Martinez VA Hospital, and other field stations must be sent via U.S. Mail or another carrier.