Business reply mail allows you to provide envelopes, cards, or labels that your customers/correspondents can return without paying postage.
Business Reply Mail is less expensive than providing actual stamps or metered postage on the return mail pieces, and is advisable if you expect a response rate of less than 75 percent. For information on reply envelopes or cards where the customer pays the postage, see our Courtesy Reply page.
The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) requires specific formats for Business Reply Mail. Incorrectly prepared mail can be rejected by the USPS. Mail Services administers the university's Business Reply Mail permit and ensures compliance with USPS requirements.
Custom Printed Mail
Bulk Mail Services (BMS) can assist with the printing of customized business reply mail envelopes. Please email BMS or call 530-752-8806.
The following templates are available for the creation of your own printed Business Reply mail:
- #9 Business Reply Envelope: UC Davis
- Business Reply Postcard: UC Davis
- #9 Business Reply Envelope: UC Davis Health
- Business Reply Postcard: UC Davis Health
To use these templates:
- Use the text box in the upper left to indicate your department and billing ID.
- Do not make any changes to the format or remit address.
- Once printed, additional information can only be placed in the upper left corner.
Note: To use these templates, you need Acrobat Reader (at a minimum). If you are using Reader, you will not be able to save your changes; you can only save changes if you have a PDF editor (e.g., the Acrobat Professional). If you cannot save your changes, then provide the template file to your printing service and ask them to make the changes for you.
Contact Bulk Mail Services if you have a custom need not met by these templates.