Prescription (Rx) safety glasses can be ordered by following the process below.
We recommend that you use the university agreement with Essilor, agreement number A55333. Before proceeding, check with your department regarding the amount of your prescription safety glasses allowance.
Using Third Party Provider for Essilor Products
If you are being asked to pay the third party provider and not Essilor directly, complete the steps below.
- Select an eye care professional of your choosing that provides Essilor products and services.
- A Procurement Card (P-Card) should be used to pay for prescription safety glasses to the provider. Be sure to cite university agreement number A55333 when working with the provider.
- If the provider encounters issues processing the payment, contact the UC Davis Card Program at email@example.com for assistance.
Note: If visiting Dr. Dennis J. Guerrieri in Davis, please bring this form. Your eye care provider or your department may also have its own form.
Ordering Directly from Essilor/Paying Them Directly
If you are being asked to pay Essilor directly in lieu of a third party provider for Essilor, please complete the steps below.
- Create a Requisition in the Kuali Financial System (KFS), citing agreement number A55333.
- After the Requisition is fully approved, the Purchase Order is created.
- Bring the printed PO to the appropriate Essilor eye care professional that provides Essilor products and services.
- When you receive the invoice against the Purchase Order, a PDF copy should be emailed to the AP Invoicing Service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for payment processing.
Ordering and Paying for Other Brands
If your eye care professional does not offer Essilor products, or, if you would prefer prescription safety glasses from a provider other than Essilor, a university Procurement Card can be used in those cases.
Eye Examination Process
The cost of an eye exam is at your own expense, or through your own medical insurance coverage.
You will need an eye exam if It has been over one year since your last exam, or you do not have your lens prescription and cannot get it from your eye doctor.
You do not need an eye exam if you have a current prescription. You can call your eye doctor and they can send the prescription to you, if the exam was less than one year ago.
Questions regarding acceptable prescription safety glasses should be directed to email@example.com.