August 2019: New AggieBuy 101 Training is now available! This training provides an overview of AggieBuy roles and responsibilities, types of catalogs and items available, how to shop, build, and check out a shopping cart, the routing and approval process, and the post-purchase process, including receipts, returns, and document searches.
- It’s the easiest way to buy directly from contracted suppliers, complete with automatic payments
- It’s the most streamlined purchasing process on campus, with the lowest overhead cost per transaction (see chart below comparing it with the other purchasing methods of using the Kuali Financial System and the Procurement Card)
- It contains more than 30 of the most popular suppliers
- It has lab essentials and medical supplies, computing equipment and peripherals, office supplies, furniture, and more!
Benefits of E-Commerce
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Better procurement data means better negotiating power with suppliers
- Less time shopping and price comparing
- Compliance with policies
- Financial approvals before purchase
- E-Invoicing is efficient for everyone, including buyers, suppliers, and central Accounts Payable team