The AggieTravel Travel Request serves two purposes; to obtain prior authorization to travel and/or obtain a cash advance for a traveler who is ineligible for a travel card.
Please remember, it is expected that cash advances and vendor pre-trip payments will be settled with the UC Davis Travel and Entertainment Visa card. If the vendor does not accept credit cards, please request the payment using the KFS Disbursement Voucher.
Create a New Request
On the Quick Task Bar:
- Click New → Start a Request.
On the menu:
- Click Requests → Create New (on the sub-menu) → New Request.
- The Request page appears, with the Request Header tab selected.
- On the header, complete all required fields and the optional fields (including cash advance) as needed.
- Click Save.
- The request ID, request name, and purpose appear at the top.
On the Expenses tab:
- Select the appropriate expense type and date.
- Enter the estimated amount.
- To allocate, click the Allocate button for any of the segments or any of the expected expenses.
- In the Allocations for Request window, allocate the request by percentage or amount.
Use an allocation favorite, if desired.
- When done, click Save.
- Attach images, if required.
- Click Submit Request.
If the request is approved, the user associates the approved request with the expense report that contains the actual trip expenses – as proof that the expenses were pre-approved.