The Travel Request feature in AggieTravel serves two purposes: obtain prior authorization to travel, and/or obtain a cash advance for a traveler who is ineligible for a travel card.
Please remember, it is expected that cash advances and vendor pre-trip payments will be settled with the UC Davis Travel Visa card. If the vendor does not accept credit cards, please request the payment using the KFS Disbursement Voucher.
Create a New Request
On the Quick Task Bar:
- Click New → Start a Request.
On the menu:
- Click Requests → Create New (on the sub-menu) → New Request.
- The Request page appears, with the Request Header tab selected.
- On the header, complete all required fields and the optional fields (including cash advance) as needed.
- Click Save.
- The request ID, request name, and purpose appear at the top.
On the Expenses tab:
- Select the appropriate expense type and date.
- Enter the estimated amount.
- To allocate, click the Allocate button for any of the segments or any of the expected expenses.
- In the Allocations for Request window, allocate the request by percentage or amount.
Use an allocation favorite, if desired.
- When done, click Save.
- Attach images, if required.
- Click Submit Request.
If the request is approved, the user associates the approved request with the expense report that contains the actual trip expenses – as proof that the expenses were pre-approved.