When faxing your receipts, the fax cover page must accompany each set of receipts as the barcodes on the fax cover page identify the expense report to which the receipts are associated.
To fax your receipts:
- Complete your expense report as usual.
- Select Print → Fax Receipt Cover Page (or in one of the windows that appears after clicking Submit Report). The cover page appears.
- Click Print. NOTE: Make sure the page is set to Portrait mode.
- After printing the fax cover page, click Close.
- Read the faxing instructions on the fax cover page and in Hints for Faxing below.
- Arrange the receipts in a clear plastic sleeve or tape them to a separate sheet of 8.5"x11" (or A4) paper for faxing.
- Place the fax receipt cover page – followed by the receipts – into a fax machine and transmit them using the Imaging number that appears on the fax cover page.
Once the fax is received and processed, the image should be available for viewing in Expense in about five minutes. To view the faxed receipts, select Receipts → View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window.
- If you faxed the wrong receipts (before you submit your report), you can delete and try again.
- If you have problems, refer to the notes below and to the troubleshooting information.
A status page may be appended to the PDF, indicating that files failed to process (for example, because of password protection or an incorrect file type).The status page does not provide file names or the reason for the failure. It does, however, indicate which file(s) failed, such as File #1 Succeeded, File #2 Failed, File #3 Succeeded. You can then review the PDF and determine which files need to be corrected and uploaded again.
Note the following:
- If no files fail to process, there is no status page.
- If some files fail to process, the status page appears with the successes and failures listed.
- If all files fail to process, the PDF will consist of only the status page.
Hints for Faxing
- Arrange the required receipts in a clear plastic sleeve or tape them to a separate 8.5" x 11" paper for faxing.
- Multiple pages of receipts can be sent as long as the fax cover page associated with the report is positioned as the first page of the fax sequence.
- Yellow receipts are typically not legible when faxed. Concur recommends that you make a photocopy of any yellow receipts and then fax the copy.
- The fax cover page must appear as the first page in the transmission.
- To submit additional receipts for the same expense report or if the receipts appear unclear, fax the receipts using the cover page associated with the same report as was used for the initial transmission. The receipts are appended to the earlier transmission.
- If you click View Receipts and you receive an error message indicating that the browser does not recognize the format of the file or requests that you need to open the file by using another application, then you need to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to install the browser plug-in. The error message supplies a link to the Adobe web site.
- If you lose your fax receipt cover page, print another one from within the same report.
- Delegates may be able to view receipt images for expense reports they are preparing on behalf of another Expense user.
- An email notification can be sent to you indicating that a fax was successfully sent and is available for viewing.
- Approving managers have access to the receipt images through the View Receipts link upon receiving a notification that an expense report is pending their approval.
- You can fax and attach scanned images to the same expense report.
|Standard HTTP 404 error message appears.||When you select Receipts > View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window , a secondary browser window appears with an HTTP 404: Page Not Found error.||The service is not available at this time or there is a corresponding network error. Try using the service later.|
|There is currently no receipt image available. If the fax was sent less than five minutes ago, try to access this page again in a few minutes, as the image may be in process.
If significant time has elapsed, the fax may have been sent incorrectly or may have been unreadable. You should send the fax again, reviewing the instructions on the fax cover page to minimize problems.
If the issue persists, review the Help for this feature, or contact your administrator. Or, if you are an approver or processor, you may see this message: "There is currently no receipt image available." If the employee sent the fax less than five minutes ago, try to access this page again in a few minutes, as the image may not have been processed. If significant time has elapsed, the fax may have been sent incorrectly or not at all, or may have been unreadable.
Request that the employee send the fax again, reviewing the instructions on the fax cover page to minimize problems. If the issue persists, review the Help for this feature, or contact your system administrator.
|When you select Receipts > View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window immediately after faxing or before faxing.||You faxed to the wrong number. Ensure that the fax was sent to the correct fax number. Use the number that appears on the fax cover page along with any of your company's fax requirements, such as dialing 9 first.
You may have tried to access the faxed receipts too soon. You must wait at least 60 seconds before the image is available. Keep in mind, that the fax machine you use and the fax protocol of your company may determine the length of time you must wait before you see the faxed image. Delays may occur when using digital fax machines that fax to memory instead of immediately transmitting the fax.
Concur's imaging service does not support Intelligent or Polling fax machines, those shared among several users or by executive assistants for multiple users.
|Viewing receipts requires the Acrobat Reader, which you can download free of charge.
Click the link to go to the Adobe Web site to install the reader. Close this window and attempt to view the receipts again.
|When you select Receipts> View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window and Adobe Acrobat is not installed.||Install Adobe Acrobat Reader and try again.|
|Receipts for several expense reports with associated fax cover pages appear for one report.||When transmitting receipt information for multiple reports, each set (cover page and receipts for each expense report) must be transmitted separately, allowing the fax machine to disconnect between transmissions.
Sometimes, executive assistants must separate faxes for different travelers or multiple reports for the same traveler, and the assistant may inadvertently try to send receipts all at once.
|Fax the cover sheet and receipts for Report #1.
Let the fax machine disconnect.
Re-dial and send the cover sheet and receipts for Report #2.
|Imaging is incorrectly configured. Please contact your administrator to correct his problem.||This message appears when you select Receipts > View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window.||The Public Key and/or Company ID and/or the Image Server URL are incorrect. Concur provides these values to the customer. Contact your Concur administrator.|
|Blank pages appear instead of receipts.||After faxing receipts, select Receipts > View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window.||You may have placed the receipts upside down on the fax machine. Refer to your fax machine instructions for the correct placement of pages to be faxed.|
|The receipt image for this report has been archived. It is no longer available for viewing in Expense. The image has been permanently stored and is available to your administrator. Contact your administrator for information about the receipt image.||When Receipts > View Receipts in new window or View Receipts in current window is selected for an expense report that was created prior to the last 12 months.||Contact your Concur administrator for assistance.|
|The barcode does not appear on the fax cover page or appears as numbers only rather than a barcode.||When you select Print > Fax Receipt Cover Page and preview or print the cover page, the barcode appears as numbers only rather than a barcode.||Make sure that the barcode font (AdvHC39c.ttf) exists and is properly installed in the Windows Fonts directory.
Contact your Concur administrator for assistance.
|Busy Signal||When attempting to fax your receipts, you receive an irregular or fast busy signal.||This typically means that you are still within your company's phone system and have not reached an outside line. Generally, you would need to re-fax your receipts. One cause for the fast/irregular tone could be that your phone system requires that you dial 9 (for an outside line) before dialing the fax number.