The Request feature serves two purposes: obtain prior authorization to travel, and/or obtain a cash advance for a traveler who is ineligible for a Travel Card.
Please remember, it is expected that cash advances and vendor pre-trip payments will be settled with the UC Davis Travel Visa card. If the vendor does not accept credit cards, please request the payment using the KFS Disbursement Voucher.
Create a New Request
On the Quick Task Bar:
- Click New → Start a Request.
- The Request page appears, with the Request Header open.
- On the header, complete all required fields and the optional fields.
- Click Create Request.
- Click Add to add the estimated expenses.
- Click Allocate at the top of the Description field to enter the chart string (only required if requesting a Cash Advance).
- If requesting a Cash Advance, click Request Details, then Add Cash Advance
- Enter Cash Advance Amount and Cash Advance Justification
- Click Save
- Click on Submit Request
- A travel request that does not include a cash advance routes:
- Traveler → Department Approver
- A travel request that includes a cash advance request routes:
- Traveler → Fiscal Officer → Department Approver → Cash Advance Administrator
If the request is approved, the user associates the approved request with the expense report that contains the actual trip expenses – as proof that the expenses were pre-approved.