A valid receipt indicates dollar amount, date, place of purchase, identification of what was purchased, and proof of payment. This page identifies when a receipt is required to be attached to your AggieExpense report.
A receipt is required to be attached to your AggieExpense expense report for each of the following situations:
- All procurement card purchases.
- Expenses of $75 or more.
- Some fund sources may require receipts regardless of dollar amount.
- Airfare, lodging, car rental, and conference registration regardless of amount.
- The description of what is being purchased is legible and in English.
Receipts for Free Stuff Too? - Yes!
- Attending a conference (or other event) free of charge:
- Include a URL (website link) for the conference or event, a copy of the agenda, meeting schedule, or invitation to the travel expense report.
- Lodging with a friend or relative:
- Include a comment in the report to indicate lodging was free.
AggieExpense provides a number of ways to attach receipts to expense reports.
- Attach directly to a report.
- Attach to an individual line item.
- Use the Concur Mobile app.
- Use your phone camera to send receipts by email to AggieExpense.
How to Prepare Documentation/Receipts
- Obscure or remove any sensitive or confidential information, including:
- Social Security Numbers
- Credit card numbers (except the last four digits)
- Debit card numbers (except the last four digits)
- Credit or debit card security codes
- Bank account numbers, including numbers encoded on the bottom of checks
- Passwords, including access codes for financial institutions
- Home addresses (UC Davis employees only)
- Passport numbers
- Driver’s license numbers or other state identification card numbers
- Date of birth information
- If the receipt is in foreign currency, convert to U.S. dollars and note the U.S. dollar amount on all receipts
- Refer to your credit card statement or look up rates effective on the purchase date at https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter .
- Attach a copy of the currency conversion page from the website when submitting for reimbursement.
- Or, use the currency conversion option in AggieExpense.