The Vendor document in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) is used to add a new Supplier to KFS.
BEFORE adding a new supplier to KFS, you should always check to see if the needed item(s) are available in AggieBuy. AggieBuy features more than 40 suppliers, and in most cases, you will likely find what you need in AggieBuy without needing to add a new supplier record in KFS.
The Vendor # is an internal number assigned for locating the vendor in our database, but is not information that will be helpful when communicating with the vendor.
There are separate instructions for reactivating an existing vendor (supplier) record.
- If a new vendor (supplier) is needed for a procurement or payment transaction in KFS.
- If an update is needed to an existing vendor (supplier) record, such as adding a new address.
- It should not be used to add an employee as a vendor (supplier) for honoraria purposes.
- The Vendor document does not need to be completed/updated for a purchasing transaction in AggieBuy or on the Procurement Card.
- For a procurement vendor (supplier), a Business Information Form (BIF), preferable for tracking purposes (e.g., small business information).
- A Certificate of Insurance, if the vendor (supplier) is performing repairs or providing services on campus (refer to BUS-63 and additional insurance requirements). If attaching an insurance certificate, the Insurance Details tab must also be completed with the requested information.
- Access the Vendor Lookup
On the left menu, click on the Jump To field, and enter the word Vendor.
- Determine if the vendor record already exists
Search by each of the following criteria (separately, in this order):
- US Tax Number (if you have it): it’s possible the vendor is listed under a different name from what you have; the system will not allow a duplicate tax ID.
- Vendor Name: use the wildcard (*) before and after the search text, and use the most unique portion of the name (e.g. *John Smith* or *Smith* or *West Coast Winery* * West Coast*)
- Make sure to leave the Active Indicator set to “Both”.
- If a result is found, determine if an update is needed
- Check the Active Indicator column, to make sure it is “Yes”.
- Click on the vendor’s name to view the addresses and determine if the one you need is there (use your browser’s “Find in page” function to easily locate the address in a long list).
- If you find the address, make sure the Active Indicator for that address is “Yes”.
- If the record needs changing, request an update
- Click the “edit” link to the left of the vendor’s name, in the search results
- Proceed to instructions on Editing a Vendor (Supplier).
- If no result is found, create a vendor request
- Click the “create new” button in the upper right of the screen (just above the printer icon).
- Proceed to instructions on Creating a New Vendor (Supplier).