Reviewing the information below will help ensure proper completion of your Purchase Agreement/Agreement Modification.
The Purchase Agreement document in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) is generally the document to use when processing an agreement to be processed by Business & Revenue Contracts. After the Purchase Agreement has been created, and approved by the fiscal officer/account delegate, it routes to Business & Revenue Contracts for review, processing, and approval.
NO work indicated on the agreement is authorized to begin until the Purchase Agreement has been approved by Business & Revenue Contracts, and all required signatures have been secured. Refer to the Unauthorized Purchases page for more information.
- Required Information for All Agreements
- Instructions for Each Type of Agreement
- Amendment Instructions
- Start and End Dates : Include the specific start date that the work is requested to start and end. Make sure you allow enough time between the time needed to process the agreement and the date when you want it to start.
- Vendor Contacts: Email address, phone number, and contact name are necessary.
- Technical contact in campus department: This should include their contact information (email address and phone number); this is the person to whom questions will be directed regarding any technical issues and to whom a copy of the fully executed agreement will be sent.
- Detailed Scope of Work (SOW): The SOW should contain any milestones, reports, deliverables, and end products that are expected to be provided by the performing party. The SOW should also contain a timeline for all deliverables.
- Detailed Payment Information: For example, if a revenue agreement is requested, please specify the rate(s) and include the rate approval letter(s), which must list the rate and reference the service being provided. If the university is paying for a service, include rate(s) and/or budget, along with price justification (why the department feels the rate is reasonable, along with the basis for making that determination). It is recommended that a price justification include at least three informal quotes.
- Commodity code should clearly reflect the service(s) being requested
- Attach all Documents and Forms as Needed:
Independent Contractor Pre-Hire Information Form: Required if contracting with an individual or company owned and operated by an individual. Do not include the contractor’s federal tax identification number or social security number.
Report of Proposed Transaction Involving Potential Conflict of Interest: Required if contracting with a current or former UC employee or near relative, or if the proposed contractor previously performed work for the university.
Confirming Order Justification Form: Required for unauthorized purchases.
Sole Source Documentation: To be used in circumstances where there is only one vendor that can provide the service, and the total cost of the transaction will be $100K or higher (or $10K or higher if using federal funded accounts); the form is documentation and approval that competitive bid requirements are waived.
- Rate Approval Documentation: If the university will be providing a service to a non-UC entity (revenue agreement), the requesting department must provide documentation showing that the rate(s) to be charged for the service(s) to be provided have been approved by the campus rate committee or their dean or vice chancellor within the last three years.
Click on the type of Purchase Agreement transaction you wish to process and follow the instructions:
- Consultant Agreements
- Facility Use Agreements (More Than 30 Days and Less Than a Year)
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Performance Agreements
- Professional Services Agreements
- Revenue Agreements
- Sponsorship Agreements
Don't see your type of agreement listed above? See the complete list of Business Contracts Agreement Types.
To initiate an amendment, submit an amendment request against the original agreement in KFS by locating the final Purchase Agreement or Purchase Order document and clicking on the amend button.
Do not delete existing line items. Existing line items should not be modified. New line items may be added as necessary.
All changes to dollar amounts and dates should be made directly to and throughout the KFS document.
A note must always be added to explain why the change is necessary. For example, why is an extension necessary (e.g., continued need for services past the initial term), why does the price need to increase (e.g., additional hours required, scope of work has changed).
An agreement cannot be amended to extend the term if work has not been ongoing. If services were completed, and a new project with the same scope of work is to commence, a new agreement is required.
Attached all relevant supporting documentation in the Notes and Attachments section that indicates why the amendment is necessary (e.g. supplier documentation, email messages, etc.).