Although each AggieBuy user has only one profile, they can identify multiple account and shipping favorites from which to select when creating a cart or placing an order.
To access your profile:
- Click on your username in the banner at the top of the page and choose “View My Profile.”
- Use the links on the left to access the User Profile and Preferences.
- The phone number, email address, and department fields use the information from the campus directory.
- If this information is correct, not further action is required.
- To make a correction to any of these fields go to the campus directory, perform a search for your name, and after locating your record, click on the Update this Listing link.
- Changes to directory listings generally require approval from your department business office, which will be automatically notified once you submit the update request.
- After your updated record is approved in the campus directory, the information in AggieBuy will reflect the updated information the next business day.
Default User Settings:
Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults is a good place to enter the account(s) you use on a regular basis. Although not required, this information can help expedite the check-out process and can be overridden as necessary on individual orders.
- Code Defaults
- Select the Code Favorites tab
- Click the Add button in the top section of the screen.
- Enter a nickname for the account. This could be something that makes it easy to identify what the account such as, "Professor Jones Account."
- Check the Default box if you want this to be the default when you place orders in AggieBuy.
- If you already know the account you want to use, enter it as Chart of Account dash Account number, such as 3-6620001. If you don't know the account, click on Select from all values below the Chart/Account field to search for a valid account to return to the field.
- Repeat the process, if desired, for the SubAccount and Project Code fields.
- If split accounts are desired for your default, click on the add split link to add another line and repeat the process again. Make sure you indicate the % of price or % of quantity for split accounts.
- Click the Save button. Any carts created after the information is saved will reflect this updated information. Any carts that were started prior to the update will NOT reflect the updated information.
- Default Addresses: Set up frequently used shipping addresses here and choose a default. Your default address will be automatically entered in any requisitions you create. Any other addresses you set up in your profile will be included in a drop-down menu for overriding your default shipping address. You’ll also have the option to choose ANY address set up in AggieBuy.
- Cart Assignees: Add users who will most frequently be your choice when assigning a shopping cart. You can choose a default by clicking “Set as Preferred.” When you choose to assign a shopping cart, a list of the users you’ve set up in your profile will appear, with your preferred assignee at the top of the list. You’ll also have the option to choose an assignee other than those in your profile.
- User Roles and Access, Ordering and Approval Settings, and Permission Settings: These designations are set up in the AggieBuy Roles application by your Department Administrator. If you need a change made to your role, contact your AggieBuy Department Administrator.
- Notification Preferences: Use these sections to choose what kind of notification (if any) you’d like to receive when each of these events occurs. Click on “Edit Section” in the top right-hand corner to make changes. By clicking on “Override” you can choose from an email, a notification that’s accessed by clicking on “Notifications” in the banner at the top of the screen, both of these, or no notification. Each type of event has a default that will be in effect until you choose to override it. See the Notifications/Emails in AggieBuy page to learn more.
- Approval Code for Email: If you are an approver in AggieBuy, you have the option to approve AggieBuy Requisitions via email with a security code. Instructions for Changing Email Approval Code (PDF) .
- View User’s History: This section provides a list of all the changes you’ve made to your profile. Use the “Click to filter history” function at the top of the window to filter the list, or export the list to an Excel spreadsheet by clicking “Export to CSV” above the list on the right.
- Add Profile Comment: You can add a comment to any section of your profile history here. This might be a good place to indicate why you made particular changes to your profile.