AggieBuy provides the ability to receive notifications and emails for a variety of routing and approval events.
What's the Difference Between a Notification and an Email?
- Notifications appear in the upper right corner of your AggieBuy screen when you click on the bell icon. The number next to the icon indicates the number of notifications you currently have in your Notifications menu. Notifications can be helpful if you spend a lot of time in AggieBuy.
- Emails are messages sent to your email client outside of AggieBuy. This can be helpful for employees who may not regularly use AggieBuy, but log in when they have an action to take, such as approving a Requisition.
Where are Notifications and Emails Set Up?
- They are set up in the Profile section of AggieBuy:
- Click on your name in the blue banner at the top of the screen.
- Select View My Profile.
- On the left menu, select Notification Preferences.
- Select Shopping, Carts & Requisitions.
- Click on Edit Section to open up the screen for editing.
- To learn more about any type of notification, click on the "?" icon next to it.
- To change the default setting, select Override and choose whether you want an email, a notification within AggieBuy, both, or neither.
- Click Save Changes to apply the changes.
What are the Default Settings?
The screenshot below indicates the default settings. The following options have system notifications and emails turned ON by default:
- Prepared by - PR line item(s) rejected: If one or more items are rejected on the requisition, the user who prepared the order will be notified.
- Prepared by - PR rejected/returned: If the entire requisition is rejected or returned, the user who prepared the order will be notified.
- Cart Assigned Notice: If a shopping cart is assigned to you, you will be notified.
- PR line item(s) rejected: If one or more items are rejected on the requisition, the Requester will be notified.
- Cart/PR Rejected/Returned: If the entire requisition is rejected or returned, the Requester will be notified.
- Receive PR and PO notifications for shared carts I am a participant of: The notifications for shared carts include:
- Requisition workflow notifications
- Purchase order workflow notifications
- PO Line Item Backorder Notice
- PO Line Item Cancellation Notice
- PO Line Item Shipment Notice
What Should I Do If I'm Not Getting My AggieBuy Emails?
Messages from automated systems such as AggieBuy are sometimes filtered into a spam/junk folder. Change your email settings in your email software if necessary to ensure that messages from AggieBuy reach your inbox!