- Are we required to document receipt of goods in AggieBuy?
The documentation of receipt of goods is optional in AggieBuy. However, receipt of Capital Assets must be documented in the Kuali Financial System (KFS). To enter a receipt of Capital Assets in KFS, complete the Line Item Receiving document.
Note: Depending on the funding source for some contracts and grants, you may be required to maintain documentation for receipt of goods. Using the receipt functionality in AggieBuy can be a good way to reduce the number of "shadow systems" used for receipt document maintenance.
- Where do I document receipt of goods in AggieBuy?
To enter a receipt of goods in AggieBuy (optional for all items):
1. Search for the Purchase Order.
2. After opening the Purchase Order, on the left menu, click on the Receipts link.
3. Under the Document Actions drop-down menu near the top of the screen, select Create Receipt.
4. The top section, the Header Information, allows you to enter a packing slip number, carrier name, notes, and also to attach a packing slip or other documentation from the supplier.
5. Toward the bottom of the screen is a Receipt Lines section. This section contains a list of the items on the order and where you can indicate which items have been received or returned to the vendor.
6. Click the Complete button in order to mark the receipt as "completed."
- Can I view my receipts in AggieBuy?
Yes, you can view a receipt associated with a specific PO, or your entire receipt history.
To view a receipt associated with a specific PO:
1. Open the PO in AggieBuy and click on Receipts on the left side of the window.
2. Click on the receipt number, or click the icon next to the number for a Quick View.
To access your entire receipt history:
1. Click the Orders and Documents icon on the left side of the screen, then click Search Documents.
2. Choose Receipts in the field next to Search, then click Go.
Note: Only Approvers have access to view all department receipts.