- What is AggieBuy?
- AggieBuy is an e-procurement system for buying goods on behalf of UC Davis.
- Can the Procurement Card or Kuali Financial System still be used to make purchases?
- AggieBuy should always be shopped FIRST to see if the requested items are available there. If not, you can still use your Procurement Card or the Kuali Financial System to make purchases.
- Can I order capital equipment from catalogs in AggieBuy?
- Yes, AggieBuy includes many capital asset items, and we encourage you to purchase those items from AggieBuy whenever possible.
- How are the suppliers in AggieBuy chosen?
- Catalog suppliers are chosen through a combination of the following: existence of a UC systemwide or campus agreement, amount of spend and transactions with the university, and campus employee feedback.
- What is the process for getting new Suppliers added to AggieBuy?
The Procurement & Contracting Services department follows the general process below:
1. Run reports to determine which suppliers/commodities are being used/purchased most frequently.
2. Prioritization, led by the Strategic Sourcing team, based upon supplier spend/value.
3. Work with UC Office of the President (UCOP) to determine if the supplier is in the consortium catalog set. In other words, is the supplier already included in other UC e-procurement systems? If the supplier is not in other UC e-procurement systems, UCOP will check if the supplier is on SciQuest's master list. SciQuest is the company that supports the AggieBuy infrastructure.
4. Provide UCOP with the list of suppliers to onboard for AggieBuy; UCOP works with SciQuest to get the suppliers implemented.
- How can I learn more about the contracts in AggieBuy?
On the left blue bar in AggieBuy, click on the icon with the paper and pencil, and then click on the magnifying glass icon to see all of the contracts available in AggieBuy. Click on the agreement number to see the details. Click on the View Summary link to see the high-level information. Go to the Attachments section, and click on the links in that section to get the detailed information regarding that specific agreement.
Note: The Contracts section also includes some University of California contracts that may not currently be in AggieBuy. These contracts may be appropriate for use on a Requisition document in the Kuali Financial System (KFS).
- Are there training and help guides available for AggieBuy?
There is also online help on system functions available within AggieBuy. In AggieBuy, click on your name in the upper right corner, and select Search Help For A Solution. Under Online Searchable Help, enter a keyword for the topic for which you would like more information. Keep in mind that the help within the system is focused on system functions; for more information on university procedures and policies with AggieBuy, the website is your best resource.
- Are encumbrances created by AggieBuy? What do I do if a Supplier can't ship an item?
Encumbrances are created once the AggieBuy Requisition has been fully approved; a copy of the Purchase Order (PO) is exported to KFS.
The encumbrance is released once the payment has been made on the Payment Request (PREQ) document in KFS which is automatically created when the supplier ships the item(s) and generates their invoice for the transaction.
If an order can't be fulfilled by a supplier for some reason, the Purchase Order (PO) created in KFS will need to be manually closed by the department. This can be done by locating the PO in KFS and clicking the Void or Close PO button. This will remove the encumbrance from the order.
- Why aren't all the items available on the supplier's public-facing site available in AggieBuy?
- Suppliers do not always offer the same commodities in AggieBuy that they do on their public-facing websites. The suppliers regularly analyze reports of products purchased outside of AggieBuy with the continued goal to fine-tune their product offerings and provide the right product mix for our AggieBuy customers.
- How do AggieBuy transactions appear in FIS Decision Support (DS)?
Use the Transaction Listing (2) or other transaction reports in FIS Decision Support (DS) to see AggieBuy transactions. Because approved AggieBuy transactions automatically export to the Kuali Financial System and create POs and Payment Requests, the Feeder System Transaction Detail (212) does not display AggieBuy transactions.
Any other transaction reports that display KFS transactions will display the AggieBuy-created KFS POs and Payment Requests. Clicking on the KFS document number or Doc Type will display the KFS document information. The Description field will contain the AggieBuy Purchase Order Number in the format "UCDABxxxxxx" so you can verify the AggieBuy PO number associated with the transaction.
- Is there a mobile version or app for AggieBuy?
- Not at this time. We will continue to explore options for a mobile app or version of AggieBuy at a later date.