The AggieBuy Roles Application is used by MSOs, Business Managers, and the employees to which they delegate the responsibility to assign roles for their department.
For each department, we recommend that you set up at least two Requesters and Department Administrators, so that the work of purchasing and roles assignment can continue if the other Requester or Department Administrator is unavailable.
NOTE: After you have updated the role(s) of any AggieBuy users, they should log in to AggieBuy as soon as possible, and this will ensure that their AggieBuy user account is updated with their new role(s). For example, if you assign Jane Doe as a Department Approver on the AggieBuy Roles Application, her Department Approver permissions won't actually exist in AggieBuy until she logs in to AggieBuy.
- What Is the Roles Application?
- Assigning/Un-Assigning Roles
- Organization Review Dollar Values
- Requester Role Is Not Specific to ONE Department
- Affiliate Access
- Student Access
- Person Search
- Role Membership History
- Viewing Roles Assigned to Users
What Is the Roles Application?
The AggieBuy Roles Application is used by MSOs, Business Managers, and the employees to which they delegate the responsibility to assign the Requester, Department Approver, and Organization Reviewer roles for their department. The application can also be used to assign other employees that should have the ability to assign these roles as a Department Administrator.
NOTE: If you try to assign the same role to a user more than once you will receive an error message
- Log in to the AggieBuy Roles Application with your campus login ID and Kerberos password. If you are not an authorized Department Administrator you will receive an error message when attempting to log in.
Each department(s) for which you are assigned as a Department Administrator will be listed (Home Department Code and Department Name).
2. Click on the Home Department Code or the Department Name to access the screen where you can assign/un-assign users with the Requester, Department Approver, or Organization Reviewer roles.
3. Click on the Add New Role Member button to assign a role to a user.
4. On the Add a Role Membership pop-up screen:
- Select the Role that you wish to assign to the user.
- Enter the user name or enter the first few letters of their last or first name to select the person.
- The Active From Date and Active To Date fields are optional and can be helpful if you want the user to only have the role for a specific time period
5. Click the Add button to commit the entry. After setting up users with new (or changed) roles, ask them to log in to AggieBuy as soon as possible, so that the new role will be active in AggieBuy.
In the screenshot below, we are setting up Josie Vanta (login ID jtvanta) with Requester access from January 27th, 2017 through July 31st, 2017:
To un-assign a role, locate the role for which you want to remove the access and then click on the Remove button. The system will prompt you with an "are you sure" message before the removal takes effect.
If you wish to unassign a Department Administrator, please contact our Help Desk at email@example.com. The system will not allow you to directly remove users assigned to this role.
Note: The System, Search, and History functions listed at the top of the Roles Application are currently unavailable.
Organization Review Dollar Values
If assigning approvers to the various Organization Review dollar tranches, the following apply:
- Organization Reviewer- Low Value (0.00 - 2,499.99)
- Organization Reviewer - Medium Low Value (2,500.00 - 4,999.99)
- Organization Reviewer - Medium Value (5,000.00 - 9,999.99)
- Organization Reviewer - High Value (10,000.00 - 24,999.99)
- Organization Reviewer - Very High Value (25,000.00 - above)
The optional Organization Review routing will occur after the fiscal officer routing has occurred and is set up for routing to a specific individual. The Organization Review cannot be set up to route to a workgroup.
Unlike the Department Approver and Organization Reviewer roles that must be set up for EACH home department code for which they are to apply, a user only has to be set up as a Requester for ONE home department code, and they will automatically have the ability to purchase on behalf of any department.
An Affiliate is an individual who has a connection to the university, but is not officially "employed" or paid by the university through the university Payroll & Personnel System (PPS). Examples of Affiliates include California county employees working for the Agricultural and Natural Resources (ANR) division.
In order to assign roles to an individual in AggieBuy, a user has to be assigned to a Home Department Code. Most Affiliates aren't assigned to a Home Department, since they are not paid through PPS.
- Click on the Affiliates tab.
- Enter the last name or user ID of the affiliate you wish to add, and then click the Add button. This will then allow the affiliate the ability to log in and use AggieBuy as a Window Shopper.
- After you add the Affiliate on the Affiliates tab, you can then assign any additional roles (e.g., Requester) to the Affiliate on the Departments tab.
Student employees (on active payroll status in the university payroll system) are automatically granted access as Window Shoppers. Student employees can be set up with other roles, such as Requester by following the steps listed above in the Assigning/Un-Assigning Roles section.
Students who are NOT employed by the university (not on active UC Davis payroll status) can be set up as a Window Shopper in AggieBuy. This is the ONLY role that can be assigned to a non-employee student:
- Click on the Affiliates tab.
- Enter the last name or user ID of the student non-employee you wish to add, and then click the Add button.
- This will then allow the student non-employee the ability to log in and use AggieBuy as a Window Shopper.
The Person Search tab is used to retrieve information about the special roles (other than Window Shopper), that have been assigned to an AggieBuy user, with the specific activation and inactivation dates, if applicable. Enter the last name or user ID of the person for whom you wish to see the applicable roles:
Role Membership History
The Role Membership History tab is used to identify when a role was created/inactivated/edited:
- Click on Filter.
- You can then enter a specific time period, the person who made the assignment (Requester), or the Assignee (person for whom a role was assigned/unassigned).
- You can also specify a particular Role, Department (enter the Home Department Code or part of the department name), and whether the Change was to Create, Disable, or Change Dates.
- Click the Filter button.
Viewing Roles Assigned to Users
On the Department Roles tab, the roles assigned to each user are listed. You can click on the Role Name header to sort the results alphabetically or reverse-alphabetically. You can also click on the Filter button if you want to filter the results to see only specific roles (Requester, Department Administrator, Department Approver, etc.):