The page provides information on ways to search for documents in AggieBuy.
Search Field on Upper Screen
Click on the search field to search by any criteria, including name of the person who created the Requisition, supplier name, or Requisition or Purchase Order number. This is a very handy search feature that makes it easy to find Requisitions and Purchase Orders:
Left Menu Document Search
On the AggieBuy home page, click on the Documents icon on the left menu and then select the Search Documents option.
You can search for AggieBuy documents using a lot of different search criteria:
Description of Filter Options
The various highlighted filter options available on the Document Screen include:
Save As: Click to save your search filters with a custom name for easy access later.
Pin Filters: Click to pin your currently selected filters so that they become your default filters when you use the Document Search screen in the future.
Export All: Generate an Excel spreadsheet export with your results.
Quick Filters: Top filter options for controls with selectable content are displayed.
My Searches: Searches that you saved for frequent usage will appear here.
Type of Order: Click to filter on the 'Type of Orders' (e.g., Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Invoices, etc.) that you wish to see.
Created Date: By default, transactions from the last 30 calendar days are displayed. Click to select a different range. You can change the date, pin the filters, and make a different default date range if desired.
Quick Search: Provides a faster way to perform some searches. The different options to refine your search include the ability to
- Combine Searches: Use "OR" between each search. For example, 12389 OR 83827
- Search for an Exact Match: Put a phrase inside quotes. For example, "Fisher Scientific"
- Exclude Words from a search: Put a - in front of a word to exclude it. For example, John –Johnson
Add Filter: Click this filter to further refine your search results by additional criteria, including Department and Supplier name.
Configure Columns (Sprocket icon): Select the columns to display and the order in which they appear for your results.
Additional Notes on Document Search Screen
- The first time a user goes to the new search screen, an online tutorial is available to highlight the new features.
- Previously-created saved searches from the "old' document search screen are still available in the new search interface.
- By default, the new search will only show the last 30 calendar days, but you can change that filter to see older documents, and then pin that filter so that the new default is the date range you have selected.
Saving Your Searches
When your results appears, there will be a Search Details screen on the left side of the page:
This screen contains the search criteria used for the search.
- Click on the Save New Search button if you wish to save the search to a special folder for easy access to re-run at a later time. Any time you want to access your saved searches, click on the Document Search drop-down menu in the upper left corner and select View Saved Searches from the menu.
- Click on the Export Search button to generate an export file of the search results that will be available from the Action Items section of the AggieBuy home page, in the Administrative Items section once it's completed.