Although COVID-19 has impacted the availability of high-demand items, Supply Chain Management is working closely with its strategic partners to ensure a steady source of critical supplies. Finance, Operations and Administration and Supply Chain Management continue to provide limited quantities of face coverings, disinfectants, sanitizers and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at no cost to departments to disinfect workspaces and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Learn how to make a request for Centrally Funded face coverings and PPE here.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when requesting PPE or face coverings:
- Centrally Funded PPE is not intended for regular teaching and research purposes; departments will need to continue purchasing those items as they have in the past. Many of the teaching and research items that are now in high-demand because of COVID-19 (for example, N-95 masks) are available for purchase through our campus Storehouses under the AggieSupply header in AggieBuy.
- Many of the Centrally Funded materials are not "lab grade." For example, available face coverings are appropriate for meeting the state's requirement to wear a face covering in public to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but may not be suitable for lab environments. Similarly, Centrally Funded gloves are intended for using disinfectants, but may not meet the requirements for lab chemicals.
- The availability of items in the Centrally Funded PPE tile on AggieBuy is constantly in flux. If an item you wish to request is unavailable, please check back in a day or two to see if it has been restocked.
- Due to high demand, it may take up to three days for Distribution & Logistics to fill your request. When your order has been filled, you will be notified to pick it up at the Hopkins Services Complex at 615 Hopkins Road from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please provide Will Call with your order number and department name. Items for the Sacramento campus will be delivered by Mail Services.
- Please pick up your items as soon as possible, as space at the Hopkins Services Center is limited.
Supply Chain Management remains committed to providing goods and services to UC Davis in support of its mission. We appreciate your support during these challenging times.