This page is regularly updated with the latest information on how coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting Supply Chain Management, and what we are doing, and what you can do, to mitigate the impact. We appreciate your continued support and patience. Please visit the Finance, Operations and Adminstration coronavirus operations information page as well.
- Accounts Payable
- AggieSupply (Central Storehouse, MRO Store, Scientific Store)
- Document Shredding
- Financial Reconciliation
- Mail Services
- Procurement and Contracting Services
- Travel and Entertainment
- Emergency Contact Information
- At this time, most mail, which includes invoices, is being directed to the Hopkins Service Center. To help Accounts Payable continue to process invoices, notify suppliers to:
- Email any new invoices, with a valid Purchase Order # to firstname.lastname@example.org
Encourage suppliers to use the electronic invoicing platform, Transcepta. Suppliers can register directly at: connect.transcepta.com/ucdavis. This platform helps ensure that suppliers have provided all the necessary information and will automatically pass it to the invoice team.
ACH (Automated Clearinghouse) will continue to be paid daily, including any reimbursements to employees enrolled in direct deposit. Paper checks will be printed on a reduced schedule, Tuesday thru Thursday, and available for pick up at the Hopkins Service Center. No check printing will be performed on Mondays and Fridays. Only check attachments scanned into the Kuali Financial System (KFS) will be included with disbursements – please do not mail attachments to AP.
- Questions about invoices or payments should be directed to email@example.com.
- Aggie Buy Product Availability: Some item categories in AggieBuy have a higher probability of being unavailable or on back-order, including masks, hand sanitizers, cleaning products, and nitrile gloves. In order to ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date product availability in AggieBuy, we are temporarily removing HOSTED catalogs for the following suppliers where significant purchases of coronavirus (COVID-19) related purchases are occurring:
- Millipore Sigma
- Office Depot
- You will only be able to shop only through the punch-out catalog for these specific suppliers, thus ensuring you are seeing the most up-to-date product availability. Unfortunately, this could cause problems purchasing favorited items or copying previous orders. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we hope it is outweighed by the benefits.
- Items in the UC Davis Central Storehouse and Scientific Store reflect current stock status.
- If your department is closed, please consider pending orders that may be delivered while the office is closed. We recommend contacting suppliers directly in order to cancel your order and re-place the order when it can be delivered to your office. At this time, residential home addresses can be added to AggieBuy for deliveries.
- For previous AggieBuy orders, if an order/part of an order cannot be fulfilled by the supplier, you should reach out to the supplier directly to cancel the order, and close or void the associated KFS Purchase Order, to remove the encumbrance.
- The Central Storehouse at the Hopkins Services Complex is operating as usual. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 5 p.m.
- The MRO Store (Maintenance and Repair Operations) is operating as usual. Hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday for shopping and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday for receiving.
- The Scientific Store in Haring Hall is operating as usual. Hours are 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- AggieSurplus will be closed until further notice. If you are a department with items for pickup, please complete and submit the appropriate request form, and we will arrange for service when normal operations resume.
- SMASH the Stash, the Space Management and AggieSurplus Heroes pilot program, is suspending operations. We will be resuming the program later in the year. We appreciate your support of this program!
- Pickup of documents to be shredded is currently suspended. You may still bring documents to be shredded to 615 Hopkins Road during regular business hours. The documents will be securely shredded and you will be provided with electronic certification of destruction.
- Include the project code COVID19 on all financial transactions related to cancellations or disruptions from the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please review the Corona Reimbursement page on the Finance and Business website for detailed instructions.
- Campus Mail delivery is currently suspended. NOTE: UCDHS Mail Services remains unchanged.
- Campus customers can drop off mail and/or retrieve mail at Mail Services will-call, at 615 Hopkins Road, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Outgoing U.S. mail delivered to the drop box locations by 2 p.m. will be processed within the same business day.
- Please work with vendors to hold freight items that have been ordered if those items are not already in the transportation chain and are not of immediate need.
- Please do not place orders for supplies at this time, unless there is an immediate need.
- FedEx and other carriers will continue normal operations. (if your department is closed, critical packages can be re-routed to Mail Services by contacting the carrier with your tracking number.)
- Normal FedEx and UPS express mail service will continue until further notification .
- Bulk Mail Services will be available on a limited basis.
Special Messenger for urgent mail is available at this time. Requests will be considered on an ad hoc basis, based on staffing and other considerations.
- A good alternative to in-person meetings is a web conference meeting. Our university contract with Zoom can assist with all of your web conferencing needs.
- Our Strategic Sourcing unit is working with our contract suppliers to ensure that items are available in the quantities and timelines required by departments. We are working with our key stakeholders to increase the stock available in our central storehouses to meet the needs for Student Housing and Dining Services, and other public-facing departments, including custodial supplies, disinfectants, and sanitizers.
- Procurement Card help desk remains operational, with all staff working remotely. New cards can be arranged for pick up at the Hopkins Service Center. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to request a temporary increase in credit limits.
- As mentioned above, at this time, residential home addresses can be added to AggieBuy for deliveries.
- UC Davis academic and staff travelers are reminded to check international travel advisory updates from Global Affairs, and to register their trips. Information on reimbursement for travel impacted by COVID-19 can be found here.
- If you booked your travel using AggieTravel, contact BCD to cancel and request a refund at 877-885-8632. If you booked directly with an airline or hotel, please request a refund directly from the airline or other vendors before doing anything further.
- Refer to the travel agency contact information and emergency assistance information as needed.
- Include the project code COVID19 on all allocations related to cancellations or disruptions from the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please review the Corona Reimbursement page on the Finance and Business website for detailed instructions.
- AggieTravel and card program help desks remain operational, with all staff working remotely. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
|Business & Financial Services: https://supplychain.ucdavis.edu/contact/staff-directory/ap|
|Michael Kuhner: Director||530-383-9840|
|Nancy Van Tassel: Accounts Payable, Checks, Payments||530-867-0492|
|Vartan Vartkessian: Procurement Card (P-Card), Travel Card||916-812-8757|
|Trevor Jha: AggieBuy, AggieShip, AggieTravel||530-867-0404|
|Distribution & Logistics: https://supplychain.ucdavis.edu/contact/staff-directory/mail|
|Phillip Lacey: Director||530-752-9181|
|Jennifer Carmichael: Mail Services, Central Receiving/Stores, Special Services, Bulk Mail Services, UCDH-Mail Services, Compressed Gases||916-730-2252 or 530-752-6686|
|Chris Honan: Scientific Store, Central Storehouse, MRO Store, Chem-Stores||530-752-0638 or 650-438-7407|
|Repro Graphics: https://reprographics.sf.ucdavis.edu/about-us|
|Christy Pearce: Director||530-219-9159 or 530-754-1010|
|Procurement & Contracting Services: https://supplychain.ucdavis.edu/contact/staff-directory/pcs|
|Steven Kobayashi: Associate Director||530-754-1372|
|Matt Theodore: Procurement||530-754-1365|
|Victoria Chege: Business and Revenue Contracts||530-754-1371|
|Strategic Sourcing: https://supplychain.ucdavis.edu/contact/staff-directory/strat-sourcing|
|Mike Morgan: Associate Director||530-219-3147|
|Julie Alvarez: Strategic Sourcing Buyer||530-752-5134|