The Aspire Career Development Program
Supply Chain Management is excited to announce Aspire, a new employee development pilot program designed to help employees explore career options, set goals and structure a path to success.
Aspire is open to all full-time career SCM employees who have been in their current position for at least one year and with a most recent employee evaluation of either “meets expectations” or “exceeds expectations.” It includes periodical shadowing over a 3-month span of another SCM employee, followed by guidance from the SCM Employee Development Program Review Team on subsequent steps.
Because this is a pilot program, we’ll be seeking your feedback after the program to determine how best to improve the program.
- Please download and complete all fields on the Aspire Application fillable PDF below.
- Once completed, please print, secure ink signatures, and submit it to your supervisor to review and sign.
- Your supervisor will then forward the application to the SCM Employee Development Program Review Team at email@example.com.
- As appropriate shadowing staff are identified, the Review Team will contact you to schedule a time to discuss your interest in more detail and to see if there is a shadowing match for you and your professional interests.
- Deadline to apply is Nov. 15, 2019
Contact Crystal O'Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 752-5591.
UC Davis Career Development Resources
UC Davis has a wealth of career development resources available to any employee. Below are a few to get you started.
- Career Management Toolkit: Designed around the career management cycle, which includes learning about yourself (assessments), career exploration (strategies, job search, informational interviewing, mentoring), planning your next steps (goal setting, individual development plans), taking action (accomplishment statements, resumes, references, cover letters, interviews) and evaluating your progress.
- Individual Development Plan: A written plan to help guide your career.
- Learning and Development Course Catalog: Offers a wide variety of online and in-person courses on a variety of topics.